Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Educational Therapist (Bilingual)Location: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 955641 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Eligible candidate must achieve and maintain Educational Therapy/Professional (ET/P) designation within 18 months of employment
- Master's Degree in Special Education, Educational Therapy, or Reading Instruction or
- Reading Specialist Certification (this certification also requires a master's in education) or
- Pupil Personnel Service Credential in School Psychology (this credential also requires a master's in education, educational psychology, or school psychology)
- Master's Degree in a related field with Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) designation
- Bilingual may be required- - if so, must pass QBS1 with a passing score..
- Eligible candidate must pass or have passed the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA) Written Examination as a condition of employment
- Eligible candidate must clear health screening report, Livescan clearance, child abuse index check, criminal record statement.
- Ability to organize and implement multiple projects, tasks and learning opportunities
- Experienced in administering both formal and informal academic assessments for K-12 population within the last two years.
- Experienced in prescribing and administering evidenced-based reading interventions for K-12 population within the last two years.
- Knowledge of various learning methodologies and modalities.
- Knowledge of both state and federal special education laws.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) QBS Level I required.
- Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET)
- Two (2) years of Educational Therapy experience
- Five (5) years experience working as a special education teacher, resource specialist, reading specialist or intervention teacher
- Master's Degree in Special Education with Educational Therapist/Professional (ET/P) designation
• Must successfully have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.