Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Human Resources Consultant, West Los AngelesLocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 760868 Date posted: 01/08/2019
- Provides expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of labor and employee relations efforts.
- Handles labor grievances, investigations, disputes, employee issues and concerns and coordinates arbitrations and litigations with Core Labor Relations and Legal.
- Develops and implements processes to control cost associated with the previous issues.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources Directors/Teams and Core Human Resources functions to ensure consistent application of Labor Relations, Employee Relations, EEO/AA, Diversity, and Compensation strategies and implementations.
- Coordinates and facilitates various SA employee forums.
- Assists with planning, implementation and on-going maintenance of all Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Compensation programs.
- Consults with salary decision makers on base salary determination and total reward and recognition issues.
- Assists with education, communication, implementation, and training for all compensation programs.
- Consults with management and employees on Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity issues and charges.
- Investigates and responds to all Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity charges and allegations Educates and coaches management on all Human Resources issues and practices.
- Minimum five (5) years of HR experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources or Labor Relations or related field required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of Employee and Labor Relations practices.
- Significant progressive Human Resources experience.
- Working knowledge of Compensation practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Consulting and leadership skills.
- Proficient with PC applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.