Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Considers the cognitive, physical, emotional & chronological maturation process in the delivery of services to patients of all age groups served
- Assesses data reflective of the patient's status & interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs & provides pharmaceutical care needed in accordance w/ department policy
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, packages & distributes pharmacy products according to laws, regulations, standards, established policies & procedures & acceptable professional practices; documents responsibility by signing or initialing prescriptions, batch sheets or other forms according to established policies & procedures
- Interviews patients to obtain information regarding medication use, medication allergies & sensitivities; documents the information in the patient's medical record or pharmacy information system when appropriate; advises patients of directions for use, medication storage requirements, importance of compliance, precautions & warnings for medication therapy; advises the patients on the use of related devices & the coordination of medication therapy w/ diet, according to established policies & procedures
- Substitutes for pharmacy personnel as necessary
- Evaluates & resolves, according to established policies & procedures, potential medication therapy problems identifies through any & all available sources, including the patient & pharmacy information system
- Confers w/ medical personnel concerning pharmaceutical care & treatment of patients, related clinical diagnosis, drug combinations & dosage forms, & other factors that might influence the course of treatment & the activity of medications; suggests changes in medication therapy &/or use as appropriate to assure optimum therapeutic results & cost effective prescribing
- Participates in assigned education & training programs; conducts educational programs for pharmacy, other medical personnel & patients
- Participates in quality management programs
- Evaluates an manages the medication therapy of hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned to assure optimum therapeutic results & cost effective prescribing
- Makes recommendations to management regarding systems or operational improvements to enhance services provided by the department
- Checks equipment used to prepare & dispense medications for proper functioning; reports deficiencies to appropriate personnel
- Maintains work area & equipment in an organized & clean condition; maintains a safe, secure & efficient work environment
- Answers & makes telephone calls, consistent w/ assigned duties in accordance w/ telephone access standards
- Exemplifies pharmacy's mission & the organizations vision by contributing to the health & satisfaction of members by providing appropriate medications, information & professional services in a helpful, caring, courteous, & efficient manner
- Performs other duties as required
- Note: Specific duties may vary depending on pharmacy location
• Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist by the State of California
• Excellent verbal & written English-speaking communication skills
• Knowledge of Federal & State laws, regulations & standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services
• Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources & relate it to the patient's medical management plan
• Ability to learn & operate pharmacy computer systems & other equipment
• Ability to either type medication labels or type/possess keyboard skill 30 WPM
• Requires standing for long periods of time, read fine print, communicate w/ co-workers & patients, lift/transport 1-50lbs, light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking, frequent bending, stooping & reaching
• Start and End times Varies.