Lactation Consultant OC/West LA RN 24/hr Day
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory requirements and organizational, departmental and discipline specific needs.
- Designs, develops, and coordinates activities for continuing professional education for staff.
- Collaborates with consultants to develop special projects in professional education, development and learning.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target audience using appropriate methods, and based on identified/assessed needs.
- Participates in classroom instruction on developed projects.
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within budget; serves as expert resource to staff and departments in defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost outcomes and performance measures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates/improves the orientation, cross training and education/competency processes/systems for clinical staff.
- Responds to corporate and industry changes in clinical practice and professional education and provides necessary training, education and development which improves organizational performance.
- Ensures compliance and documentation of organizational records based on regulatory agency standards.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous teaching experience required or previous recent experience in in-service education in clinical service area (usually two (2) to five (5) years.).
- Bachelors degree or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- International Board Lactation Consultant Examiners Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Experience in breast-feeding education and postpartum and/or mother-baby.
- Knowledge of Standards of Care pertinent to breast-feeding education.
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Computer literacy required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- CPR instructor preferred.
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE).
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.