Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Lead EngineerLocation: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 561759 Date posted: 06/27/2017
Under general supervision, directs the activity of assigned personnel & service contractors in the preventive & corrective maintenance of buildings, grounds as well as related fixed & portable equipment, minor construction & equipment installation.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws
- Provides functional direction to assigned personnel
- Performs preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment according to established procedures. Inspects, calibrates, adjusts, lubricates and repairs or replaces components
- Services or repairs the more complex equipment schedules and maintains records of maintenance and repairs
- Diagnoses system malfunctions on a variety of mechanical and/or electrical equipment
- Dismantles and repairs or replaces defective parts; reassembles, tests and reinstalls equipment
- Responds to calls for emergency repairs completes repairs and documents services rendered
- Performs and documents scheduled inspections and electrical safety tests necessary to maintain conformance to code requirements
- Performs and documents equipment repairs as well as tests new and repaired equipment before it is put into service
- Trains staff in the operation and repair of equipment
- May order supplies and parts according to established procedures
- May assist Purchasing in evaluating new equipment
- Maintains records in compliance with State/JCAHO requirements
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with personnel, Health Plan members and the public
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience in an acute care general medical center.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.