The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LVN II - Neurology (on-call)Location: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834128 Date posted: 10/22/2019
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' condition and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician order following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years) experience as a LVN in an acute/outpatient setting.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current Basic Life Support card.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred.
- This is an on-call
position, days and hours may vary.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.