Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Manager Social ServicesLocation: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 902457 Date posted: 09/17/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible at 1-2 acute general medical center(s) and associated outpatient facilities for planning, developing, and evaluating/improving social services which may include provision/delivery of social services treatment, discharge planning and case management services at one or more of the following departments/locations: continuing/extended care, home health, hospice and psychiatric in-patients, as well as day treatment and partial hospitalization patients. Provides services which add value and are linked to strategic business and organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, implements, maintains and improves/evaluates social services; policies and procedures, delivery of social work programs/services; quality management; fiscal management and patient/community planning services.
- Manages staff (including staff deployed to multiple departments and locations).
- Ensures competencies.
- Provides clinical leadership and supervision/consultation.
- Develops, implements and monitors the quality management programs for social services.
- Assesses and analyzes staff development needs.
- Develops, and/or presents educational/development services that support the delivery of high quality social work services.
- Develops and manages departmental budget and costs including identification and implementation of opportunities for improved services, value enhancement, and cost reduction/management.
- Manages (including collaborating with human resources) and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee performance issues, safety and risk management issues.
- Analyzes and implements appropriate staffing levels and skill-mix.
- Recommends, develops and implements new programs enhancing quality of care and services to specialized patient populations.
- Participates in writing and/or develops grant proposals.
- Identifies community resources.
- Collaborates with community organization in developing new programs and enhancing community services for members and other users of our services.
- Collaborates/consults with medical center physician chiefs, departmental managers, other users of social work services, regional departments, and health plan members on psycho-social matters, service needs and ensures that service is provided in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Identifies issues which interface with service delivery and develops techniques to resolve them.
- Ensures compliance with federal, local and state regulatory/compliance standards.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical social work experience, including two (2) years of experience in social work supervision or program management in acute hospital setting.
- Master's degree in social work from an academic institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid LCSW.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, principles and practices of fiscal and program management.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of social services treatment/delivery issues, as well as theories of human development and psycho dynamics.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Oversee inpatient , ICU, ED, outpatient, specialty programs.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!