Manager Social ServicesLos Angeles, California
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Manager Social Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible at 1-2 acute general medical center(s) and associated outpatient facilities for planning, developing, and evaluating/improving social services which may include provision/delivery of social services treatment, discharge planning and case management services at one or more of the following departments/locations: continuing/extended care, home health, hospice and psychiatric in-patients, as well as day treatment and partial hospitalization patients. Provides services which add value and are linked to strategic business and organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, implements, maintains and improves/evaluates social services; policies and procedures, delivery of social work programs/services; quality management; fiscal management and patient/community planning services.
- Manages staff (including staff deployed to multiple departments and locations).
- Ensures competencies.
- Provides clinical leadership and supervision/consultation.
- Develops, implements and monitors the quality management programs for social services.
- Assesses and analyzes staff development needs.
- Develops, and/or presents educational/development services that support the delivery of high quality social work services.
- Develops and manages departmental budget and costs including identification and implementation of opportunities for improved services, value enhancement, and cost reduction/management.
- Manages (including collaborating with human resources) and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee performance issues, safety and risk management issues.
- Analyzes and implements appropriate staffing levels and skill-mix.
- Recommends, develops and implements new programs enhancing quality of care and services to specialized patient populations.
- Participates in writing and/or develops grant proposals.
- Identifies community resources.
- Collaborates with community organization in developing new programs and enhancing community services for members and other users of our services.
- Collaborates/consults with medical center physician chiefs, departmental managers, other users of social work services, regional departments, and health plan members on psycho-social matters, service needs and ensures that service is provided in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Identifies issues which interface with service delivery and develops techniques to resolve them.
- Ensures compliance with federal, local and state regulatory/compliance standards.
• Minimum five (5) years of clinical social work experience, including two (2) years of experience in social work supervision or program management in acute hospital setting.
• Master's degree in social work from an academic institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current and valid LCSW.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, principles and practices of fiscal and program management.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of social services treatment/delivery issues, as well as theories of human development and psycho dynamics.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Manager of Social Medicine department- Clinical and Operational oversight-inpatient, ED, ICU, outpatient MOBs, etc.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.