Putting Integrity Into Practice
Promoting honesty and integrity across our daily actions and interactions, our compliance, privacy, and regulatory professionals provide the guidance and resources to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Medical Center Compliance Consultant IILocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 835227 Date posted: 10/15/2019
Under the direction of the Compliance Consultant III, or Med Cntr - Compl & Priv Ofcr, provides analytical & technical expertise to highly visible, sensitive & multi-faceted projects. Such support to include activities related to privacy & security (education, inspection & audits), participation in fact finding & data gathering for compliance investigations, collection of data for revenue cycle activities, coordinating functions to accomplish completion of conflict of interest surveys & subsequent follow up, & activities that support various elements of the Medical Center Work Plan. This is the 2nd job in a three level ladder. At this level the position will exercise judgment w/in generally defined practices/policies in selecting methods & techniques for obtaining results. May also lead the Compliance Consultant I in his/her work.
- Planning: Identifying compliance accountabilities; identifying internal & external resources; developing Compliance, Work, & Audit plans; participating on & may establish compliance-related committees/work groups; & managing external agency relations, Involves interpreting & analyzing established concepts & trends. Exercises judgment to make decisions for less defined issues & selects methods & techniques for obtaining solutions. (End Results Requires moderately complex decision making Representing Compliance w/Site of Srv decisions, FAC ORG Surveys, Environmental Health & Safety Audits, Conflict of Interest Surveys).
- Implementing: Identifying compliance requirements & conducting related analyses; creating or revising compliance standards, policies, & procedures; developing &/or conducting compliance & ethics training; monitoring compliance adherence; & reporting on compliance efforts & programs Develops solutions to complex problems. May refer to established precedents & policies. Requires significant analysis to develop solutions for complex problems (End Results Compliance Investigations, Assisting w/development of Corrective Action Plans, Conducting audits as outlined in the Compliance work Plan, Conducting Member Srvs Case Reviews).
- Validating: Reviewing compliance programs & content, including designing & conducting risk assessments &/or audits, & investigating instances of reported non-compliance. Provides professional/technical guidance to team members & stakeholders. Communicates & influences acceptance & adherence to policies, practices, procedures of both an interpretive & non-interpretive nature. Influences others regarding existing concepts, processes &/or methodology (End Results Conducting compliance training on annual, new employee & specialty training assignments for both staff & physicians, representing Compliance on Policy & Procedure Committees, serving as a Compliance Representative to Radiology, Lab, Emergency, Peri-operative & Maternal/Child Health Srvs).
- Researches & stays abreast of regulations & statutes.
- Determines impacts of implementation of new regulations & statutes & required notifications, changes, & training.
- Communicates required changes, develops tools to assess risks, & leverages existing workgroups/etc. to facilitate required changes.
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of key Dept, functional, or stakeholder objectives.
- Contributes to the achievement of Dept objectives.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Plans/schedules job activities to work toward accomplishing set objectives.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum two (2) years of heath care compliance, health care operations (quality, risk, etc.), audit, finance, project management, regulatory or public policy development, investigations, information security, or insurance/health plan governance experience.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years experience in a directly related field required.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- CHC (Certification in Healthcare Compliance) required within 18 months of placement in this position.
- Substantial knowledge of health care compliance policies, practices and systems.
- Significant understanding of compliance principles, theories, and concepts.
- Full knowledge of health care industry practices and standards.
- Ability to draft and revise documents including policies, standards, analyses, and reports.
- Project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
Compliance, Privacy & Regulatory Careers
We've established a comprehensive, world-class compliance, privacy, and regulatory program, giving you the chance to make a difference in the lives of millions. As a member of this team, you'll engage with internal stakeholders to foster an environment of safety and trust for our members, physicians, and employees alike.
Helping to establish and maintain an effective compliance program, you'll ensure that we operate according to the highest ethical standards and follow all applicable laws, standards, policies, and procedures. Everything we do — from developing policies and training to protecting privacy and security — reinforces our commitment to our members, regulators, and the communities we serve.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.