Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Per Vascular Technologist IILocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
4867 Sunset Medical Center 4867 W. Sunset Blvd., 4867 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles,California, 90027 Job Number: 716863 Date posted: 09/11/2018
Under general supervision, conducts non-invasive vascular studies including ultrasound; prepares test results; maintains equipment and vascular database.
- Explain test procedures & purpose
- Demonstrate equipment for patient
- Assist physician in developing new techniques & procedures
- Assist provider in patient examinations & procedures
- Consult w/ provider concerning procedures & patient condition
- Modify treatment techniques that do not required change in physician orders
- Monitor & evaluate test reading during procedures
- Observe, monitor & evaluate patient condition during & after procedures
- Prepare & position patients for diagnostic tests & medical procedures
- Respond to emergencies (i.e., stat pages, Code Blue) & stat request
- Transport patients to & from procedure area
- Assist physician during ultrasound examinations
- Perform non-invasive peripheral vascular studies
- Assist physician in locating tumors
- Perform ultrasound diagnostic procedures.
- Develop film & make prints
- Clean procedure room & work area
- Dispose properly of laboratory specimens & or waste material
- Sterilize contaminated tubes & materials
- Assign identification number to specimens
- Schedule patient appointments, operations & procedures
- Record & chart patient data
- Interview patients & collect patient data
- Take patient medical & prescription history
- Review patient charts to evaluate patients & identify significant conditions
- Compile data for Quality Assurance
- Complete diagnostic examination requisitions, forms & records
- Prepare exam results for interpretation by physician
- Read and/or interpret tracings & note findings
- Read & assess diagnostic test abnormalities
- Consult w/ physician concerning test results & alert physicians to positive test results or test abnormalities
- Issue report on findings. Look up & report test results as requested
- Prepare lab worksheets. Call provider on positive test results
- Perform accurate measurements & calculations on diagnostic test procedures
- Index studies for future reference
- Scan, read & calculate machine tracings
- Maintain current records of all testing
- Prepare periodic workload statistics
- Ensure equipment is available for procedures & examinations
- Calibrate & adjust equipment in preparation for & during procedures
- Check emergency equipment
- Prepare & process packs, supplies, equipment & instruments
- Prepare procedure & exam rooms
- Restock operating, procedure, cast & examination rooms
- Select & set out appropriate tubes & sterile supplies
- Set up instruments & surgical trays
- Operate ultrasound equipment including B-mode, real-time equipment & mobile ultrasound equipment
- Maintain sterilized supplies, instruments, & equipment for surgical procedures
- Receive, sort & decontaminate equipment; soak instruments; clean & sterilize instruments, supplies & equipment
- Arrange for repair of equipment; maintain equipment in good working order
- Perform minor adjustments and/or repairs on equipment; test equipment
- Fill requests for equipment & supplies; maintain & order supplies
- Dispose of expendable medical supplies, & used syringes & contaminated materials. Inventory equipment & supplies; maintain solutions, chemicals & automatic equipment; replenish supplies & equipment
- Maintain current licensure & certification; maintain proficiency in clinical skills
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
Pay Grade: 27
- One (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in duplex carotid, venous and peripheral arterial scanning
- Current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS two-year program) registration or registry eligible in Vascular Technologies required
- Bilingual English/Spanish at Level II
- Prefer one (1) year commitment to the department.
- This is a variable position, work hours will vary between 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Rotating weekends and holidays required.
- Will be cross trained in other areas as needed.
- Training schedule will be different than actual work schedule.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.