Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Production Supervisor - Optical LabLocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 802407 Date posted: 06/18/2019
Supervises surface room employees and maintains the highest quality of finishing standard in producing spectacle prescriptions for the Southern California Region. Currently prescriptions for spectacles are received daily from branch offices.
- Supervises the production staff to ensure that optical specifications are followed throughout all the glass and plastic surface and that each order is delivered in a timely fashion and with the highest possible quality.
- Designs unique grinding techniques to produce specialty eyewear and frequent unusual prescription requests.
- Develops the shortest prescription turn-around time possible for the patient service.
- Responsible for continual improvements in performance productivity and efficiency resulting in smooth operation, timely deliveries, and high quality eye glasses.
- Refines and enforces production standards.
- Controls the quality of workmanship in the surface room.
- Trains technicians in proper production methods.
- Enforces the Optical Quality Standards.
- Develops and utilizes on going training programs for individuals and groups.
- Evaluates the performance of technicians and apprentices.
- Schedules vacations in accordance with contract provisions and company/departmental policy.
- Stays abreast of all new machinery and technology, tests new equipment.
- Motivates for increased employee morale and involvement to improve productivity and reduce breakage and turn-around time.
- Successfully implement new or innovative production methods or new approaches to employees involvement and problem solving techniques.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as surface room supervisor in a high production optical laboratory.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in an optical lab environment, includes; layout, block, generates the polish and surface special processing.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Supervisory experience required.
- Familiarity with lensometer measurements, lens pattern making, spheres, cylinders, axis prism and other related information needed in the surface room.
- Familiarity with the accounting principles, inventory control and data.
- Significant knowledge in all phases of on-the-job training of optical personnel and optical theory.
- Extensive knowledge of Food and Drug Lens Regulations, OSHA requirements, State of California Dispensing Codes, ANSI Standards and STD Procedure Manual, Hazardous Waste and Handling Requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Working Hours: 2:00 PM or 10: 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM or 6:30 AM
- Working days: Mon - Fri or Sun - Fri.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.