Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Resident Manager (on-Call/Per Diem)Location: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 821376 Date posted: 10/19/2019
Maintain the Kenmore Apartment building and surrounding property as a safe and comfortable temporary residence for Kaiser Permanente members receiving treatment at the Los Angeles Medical Center. Ensure all regulatory and health standards are maintained. Ensure member and family satisfaction with their stay.
- Provide onsite Resident Manager service to include the following: Orient guests to apartment facility and accommodations prior to arrival and again upon arrival.
- Register each guest upon arrival and maintain a computer database to provide data on average daily census.
- Maintain up to date apartment brochure to be available at referring facilities.
- Work in concert with Social Medicine and other medical center departments to resolve any issues presented by the apartment residents or family members.
- Develop and monitor annual budget and expenditures, including monitoring of any related outside motel/hotel expenses incurred due to capacity overflow.
- Develop and submit annual capital remodel budget requests.
- Work in concert with the KP property Manager in Planning and implementation of approved projects.
- Routinely inspect building, parking structure, surrounding property and apartment units to identify required replacements.
- Ensure that identified repairs or replacements are completed.
- Maintain a database to track individual apartment and building repairs, upgrades or replacements.
- Report and follow up on security and emergency problems to appropriate Kaiser Permanente departments or community agencies.
- Ensure all guests have proper utilities, supplies, linens, furniture, etc. provided by Kaiser Permanente.
- Provide guests with information about services and amusements in the area and provide activities or opportunities for guests and family members to mingle and network.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic computer skills required.
- Prior experience in the management of an apartment complex required.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment under pressure, flexibility, empathy and a sense of humor required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good rapport with patients and support departments in both written and oral communications.
- Problem solving capability.
- Ability to exhibit sensitivity to the needs of seriously ill people.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets and expenditures required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Prior knowledge or experience in the health care field preferred.
- Preferred recent work experience managing apartment complex.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.