Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
SSD Credentialed Trainer I - LAMCLocation: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 944051 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The SSD Credentialed Trainer I is responsible for providing high quality and cost effective deployment and optimization training on a variety of clinical computer systems and/or EMR applications to a broad array of end users, including physicians, nurses, ancillary and technical staff. The SSD Credentialed Trainer I understands and incorporates on an ongoing basis the system enhancements into their training delivery, and has expert knowledge of the functionality of multiple applications and associated workflows. The SSD Credentialed Trainer I creates curricula and delivers customized training to diverse groups. Credentialed trainers are not required to be Epic certified, but they are required to become KP credentialed in multiple Epic and non-Epic applications, with KP Credentialing in at least one application occurring within 6 months in the position.
- Provide classroom, web based and one-on-one training to KP physicians, nurses, ancillary, technical staff, and other end-users and to application project team members.
- This requires mastery of multiple complex curricula varying from 4 to 16 hours in length.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of products, clinical and operational workflows and all assigned curricula, including incorporating frequent application enhancements into each curriculum trained.
- Stays abreast of learning and training theory, methods, technology and new materials.
- Provide product updates and optimization training for multiple applications and in support of organizational strategic initiatives to clinical and non clinical end users as well as to project team members.
- Design curricula and develop materials for customized training.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in creation and periodic revision of Regional curricula for various applications.
- Develop training strategies in coordination with clients to include needs assessment, methodologies, training schedules, training logistics, evaluation and data reporting.
- Provide command center, on site, and remote end user support during system go lives, annual application upgrades and on an ongoing basis to improve end user system proficiency and address end user's system issues.
- Minimum three (3) years in the field of education and/or systems training, preferably experience with technical and clinical systems training (e.g. Epic, Cerner or other clinical or EMR systems).
- Bachelor's degree in health care operations, clinical, education OR four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful completion of one (1) or more KP Credentialing course(s) within 6 months.
- Vehicle and California Driver's License required.
- Proficiency with standard Windows software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Classroom management skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and application.
- Project management skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Technical and business writing skills.
- Curriculum design skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects and assignments effectively without direct supervision.
- Experience using a learning management system.
- Masters degree or clinical licenses preferred.
- Clinical license or certification.
- Web based training production skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.