Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
SSD Credentialed Trainer ILocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 765371 Date posted: 01/23/2019
The SSD Credentialed Trainer I is responsible for providing high quality and cost effective deployment and optimization training on a variety of clinical computer systems and/or EMR applications to a broad array of end users, including physicians, nurses, ancillary and technical staff. The SSD Credentialed Trainer I understands and incorporates on an ongoing basis the system enhancements into their training delivery, and has expert knowledge of the functionality of multiple applications and associated workflows. The SSD Credentialed Trainer I creates curricula and delivers customized training to diverse groups. Credentialed trainers are not required to be Epic certified, but they are required to become KP credentialed in multiple Epic and non-Epic applications, with KP Credentialing in at least one application occurring within 6 months in the position.
- Provide classroom, web based and one-on-one training to KP physicians, nurses, ancillary, technical staff, and other end-users and to application project team members.
- This requires mastery of multiple complex curricula varying from 4 to 16 hours in length.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of products, clinical and operational workflows and all assigned curricula, including incorporating frequent application enhancements into each curriculum trained.
- Stays abreast of learning and training theory, methods, technology and new materials.
- Provide product updates and optimization training for multiple applications and in support of organizational strategic initiatives to clinical and non clinical end users as well as to project team members.
- Design curricula and develop materials for customized training.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in creation and periodic revision of Regional curricula for various applications.
- Develop training strategies in coordination with clients to include needs assessment, methodologies, training schedules, training logistics, evaluation and data reporting.
- Provide command center, on site, and remote end user support during system go lives, annual application upgrades and on an ongoing basis to improve end user system proficiency and address end user's system issues.
- Minimum three (3) years in the field of education and/or systems training, preferably experience with technical and clinical systems training (e.g. Epic, Cerner or other clinical or EMR systems).
- Bachelor's degree in health care operations, clinical, education OR four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful completion of one (1) or more KP Credentialing course(s) within 6 months.
- Vehicle and California Driver's License required.
- Proficiency with standard Windows software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Classroom management skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and application.
- Project management skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Technical and business writing skills.
- Curriculum design skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects and assignments effectively without direct supervision.
- Experience using a learning management system.
- Masters degree or clinical licenses preferred.
- Clinical license or certification.
- Web based training production skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.