The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Staff Educator RNLocation: Los Angeles, CA Additional Locations:
East Los Angeles - Pomona Blvd. 5119 Pomona Blvd., 5119 Pomona Blvd., Los Angeles,California, 90022
Foothill Medical Offices 3280 E. Foothill Blvd., 3280 E. Foothill Blvd., Pasadena,California, 91107
Glendale Medical Offices 444 W. Glenoaks Blvd., 444 W. Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale,California, 91202
Glendale Orange Street Medical Offices 501 N. Oran, 501 N. Orange St., Glendale,California, 91203
Downtown LA Hope St. Medical Offices 333 S. Hope S, 333 S. Hope St. Ste. C-130, Los Angeles,California, 90071
Hollywood Romaine Medical Offices 7007 Romaine St., 7007 Romaine St., Los Angeles,California, 90038 Job Number: 796648 Date posted: 08/01/2019
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory requirements and organizational, departmental and discipline-specific needs.
- Designs, develops, coordinates and evaluates activities for continuing professional education for staff.
- Collaborates with consultants to develop special projects in professional education, development and learning.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target audience using appropriate methods, and based on identified/assessed needs.
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within budget; serves as expert resource to staff and departments in defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost outcomes and performance measures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates/improves the orientation, cross training and education/competency processes/systems for clinical staff and students.
- Evaluates performance issues and develops strategies for remediation.
- Responds to corporate and industry changes in clinical practice and professional education and provides necessary training, education and development which improve organizational performance.
- Participates in leadership projects, meetings, committees and improvement activities.
- Ensures compliance and documentation of organizational records based on regulatory agency standards.
- Minimum two (2) years previous teaching experience required or previous recent experience in in-service education in clinical service area.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Computer literacy required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- BLS instructor preferred.
- Clinical background in Emergency Medicine for at least 2 years
- May work some weekends.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.