Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Sterile Processing Technician IILocation: Los Angeles, CA Job Number: 815456 Date posted: 03/19/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Responsible for filling orders from requesting departments.
- Make equipment rounds and return soiled equipment to SPD; clean equipment per manufacturer's recommendations and validate functionality prior to storage; validate PM status on equipment issued from and returned to SPD per department policy.
- Answer phones.
- Inventory and restock supplies, and specialty carts i.e. isolation, latex, crash carts, etc. per department policy.
- Order specialty beds and other patient equipment per medical center practice.
- Disassembles, cleans or decontaminates surgical instruments per manufacturer's recommendations including ultrasonic cleaning.
- Assembles, inspects, tests, wraps and dates all OR sets including specialty sets per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operate all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, plasma sterilizers, automated endoscope reprocessors, biological incubators, heat sealers, instrument and cart washers.
- Use of instrument and equipment tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
- Prepare OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician working in Sterile Processing Department in an acute hospital OR as a Surgical Technician with two (2) years of recent experience working in a Sterile Processing Department in an acute hospital.
- HS Diploma / GED.
- Completion of an accredited Sterile Processing Program including 400 clinical hours or a Surgical Technician program.
- Sterile Processing or Surgical Technician National Certification required.
- Basic knowledge of instrument processing techniques, including but not limited to decontamination, assembly, and sterilization.
- Knowledge of Sterile Processing Department Policies and Procedures; be able to articulate on soaps and detergents, methods of packaging, types of sterilization methods and parameters, infection control practices, high-level disinfection practices, and safe
practices in Sterile Processing Department.
- Knowledge of medical, nursing, and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Ability to distinguish colors and hear audible alarms required.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a stressful environment.
- Basic computer skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!