Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Short Hour-On Call
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum one (1) year of full time experience as a sonographer required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Completion of an ARDMS accredited or equivalent program in ultrasound technology required.
- Current certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS) in abdomen and/or OB/GYN required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Non-Registered Sonographers may be considered; however, Sonographers must have met experience, education, and training requirements; and upon hire, Sonographer must sit for and pass abdomen and/or OB/GYN Registry within one (1) year of employment.
- Required to stand, push, pull and lift patients.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- May be required to lift objects heavier than 50 pounds, perform difficult manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination skills, walk and stand for prolonged periods, see objects closely and hear normal sounds with some background noises.
- Must be able to adjust routine to accommodate patient or department without affecting departmental flow.
- Position requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and attend to tasks for 20 to 45 minutes at a time.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Knowledge of customer focused service requirements of the organization.
- Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with members and coworkers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Certifications such as breast or RVT preferred.