Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Custodian (1.0 FTE, Lynnwood Travel Group)Location: Lynnwood, WA Additional Locations:
Northgate Medical Center 9800 4th Ave. NE, 9800 4th Ave. NE, Seattle,Washington, 98115
Rainier Valley Medical Center 5316 Rainier Ave. S, 5316 Rainier Ave. S, Seattle,Washington, 98118
Northshore Medical Center 11913 NE 195th St., 11913 NE 195th St., Bothell,Washington, 98011 Job Number: 766480 Date posted: 02/05/2019
Ensure a quality environment for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington staff, patients and visitors by performing low level maintenance, routine safety and security surveillance and sanitizing areas and surfaces using approved disinfectants, equipment and supplies. Ability to bend, climb and lift 50 pounds. Flexible schedule and the ability to travel to multiple building locations.
- Cleans patient, staff, and public areas using the appropriate cleaning solutions and the 7-step cleaning procedure: a) High dust all flat surfaces over 6ft. Using high dusting tool and head or ladder as needed. b) Empty all trash receptacles and wipe inside and outside with germicide solutions and reline receptacles, transport medical waste to waste holding area c) Damp wipe/spot clean all surfaces, furnishings under 6 ft. and spot wipe walls and partitions as needed. d) Dry mop all floors using dust mop frame and treated head to include under and behind all furnishings. e) Bathroom cleaning to include wiping all surfaces, shelves, sink, showers, and toilet. f) Damp mop entire room to include under and behind furnishings. g) Inspect the area to ensure that all steps have been completed and the area looks neat and clean.
- Safely operates electric and battery powered cleaning equipment such as vacuums, buffers, burnishes, auto scrubbers, and extractors. Removes trash and debris: transports trash and debris properly protected. Project completion such as scrubbing/stripping and refinishing floors bonnet buffing and extracting carpets. Extracting upholstery, cleaning wheelchairs, lights, vents, and radiators.
- Move clean and/or soiled linen carts to/from patient and other areas, properly protected. Discharge/transfer cleaning (inpatient only), end of day terminal cleaning. Wears protective attire (i.e: goggles, gloves, gowns) for safety purposes. Functions as a contributing member of an Environmental Services Team. Conducts routine surveillance of the interior building spaces, and takes appropriate action to prevent violation of KFHPW safety and security policies. Lock doors, arm alarms as required. Sweep exterior sidewalks adjacent to entryways. Perform snow removal duties as needed. Alerts Facilities team of work order items.
- Low level maintenance such as unplugging toilets and sinks. Knowledge of chemical usage and dilutions. Remove medical waste receptacles, label and store according to procedure. Thoroughly clean working equipment. Store as recommended by manufacturer to ensure extended use and value. Stock all paper products and soap. Shows initiative in the thorough manner in which work is completed. Takes care of situations when they arise. Understands and complies with Washington State Department of Health guidelines and codes. Maintains a safe working environment following all OSHA WISHA regulations. Understands and complies with KFHPW safety policies.
- Cleans corridors and public areas using the 4-step cleaning procedure: a) dry mop. B) Damp mop. C) Spray buff. D) Dry mop. Move furniture and equipment for cleaning, re-arranging . Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- High school diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Customer service and communication skills.
- One (1) year of custodial experience in an outpatient setting.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.