Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Senior Consultant (Emergency Preparedness/ADA)Location: Manteca, CA Additional Locations:
Stockton Medical Offices 7373 West Ln., 7373 West Ln., Stockton,California, 95210
Modesto Medical Center 4601 Dale Rd, 4601 Dale Rd, Modesto,California, 95356
Tracy Medical Offices 2185 W. Grant Line Rd., 2185 W. Grant Line Rd., Tracy,California, 95377 Job Number: 753974 Date posted: 01/16/2019
Provides high quality and cost effective project management, management consulting, and analytic support services or technical expertise. Has sole responsibility for large complex analytical projects.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, and/or provides technical leadership to high visibility projects to identify and resolve issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timely and valuable results.
- Sets the strategic direction of projects. Determines goals and priorities with management team sponsors. Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resources. Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach and work plan. Provides staff leadership to project teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants when needed.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analysis and developing action plans accordingly.
- Produces or oversees development of written materials for senior executives and other key clients. Plans and facilitates meetings. Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Assists, as needed, in planning and coordinating with other ongoing teams and projects to maximize effectiveness.
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in one of the technical areas required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operation research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible technical area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.