Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Clinical Operations Optometry ManagerLocation: McLean, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 781255 Date posted: 05/23/2019
- Manages all aspects of Optometry Services including personnel, quality, access, and cost to support the provision of high quality, service-oriented, and cost effective eye care.
- Supervises all activities of the Optometry staff, interviews, hires, disciplines, evaluates (with input from Ophthalmologists and peers), counsels and terminates doctorate level clinical providers in conformance with EEO/AA goals, personnel policies and performance standards.
- Receives clinical direction and oversight from the Chief of Ophthalmology. Works in collaboration with the Chief of Ophthalmology to communicate and facilitate the integration of best practices for vision care in the region, clinical and administrative allocation of time, and to assure continuous improvement in the delivery of optometric services.
- Coordinates with Service Area Leaders to ensure that a strategic service delivery plan exists for Optometry that meets the needs of the Service Area. Participates on Area Councils as required.
- Monitors key performance indicators for the range of services within accountability, identifies trends/issues and implements improvement programs.
- Effectively coordinates services with Retail Services to optimize revenue opportunities for the department. Maximizes productivity of Optometrists to increase revenue capture.
- Gives input into the activities and evaluations of the Optometry support staff as they relate to the optimum functioning of the Optometry Department.
- Manages membership issues and provider relationships in coordination with Medical Center administration.
- Develops, monitors and assures maintenance of all assigned regional equipment in good working order. Develop capital purchase plans for optometry equipment purchase.
- Responsible for the leadership and direction of any Optometry Educational and Training Programs with which the Region may be involved.
- Functions as a key member of the Vision Services Leadership Team, working with the Chief of Ophthalmology, the Regional Manager of Retail and Support Services, and the Business Manager to ensure that Vision Services functions in a collaborative and cohesive manner.
- Functions as a member of the Regional Clinical Services Leadership team.
- Serves on National teams for Optometry as required leveraging the best practices and coordination opportunities across all KP Regions.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited institution required.
License, Certification, Registration
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Licensed in good standing in Optometry with the Commonwealth of Virginia, (NOVA Chief) State of Maryland and District of Columbia (DC/SM Chief) to the fullest extent of the law is required.
- Experience in a managed care multidisciplinary environment preferred.
- Experience as a supervisor in a multi-location operation preferred.
- Basic business skills preferred.
- Active membership and participation in state and local associations preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.