The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Peri-Anesthesia NurseLocation: McLean, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 752597 Date posted: 12/17/2018
Provides quality patient care for pre-operative and post-operative patients, in accordance with nursing philosophy and approved standards.
- Performs within the established standard of pre- and post- anesthesia nursing and critical care nursing.
- Utilizes the standard of care in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the delivery of pre-operative and post-operative nursing care.
- Formulates care plans based on individual assessment of physiologic functions and problems identified preoperatively and intra-operatively.
- Provides nursing care utilizing clinical knowledge and expertise, reacting immediately to adverse physiological changes within seconds, to reverse and revive the patient's physiological functions.
- Renders nursing care following aseptic techniques.
- Assembles and communicates appropriate information in verbal or written reports in order to maintain continuity of care.
- Executes proper use of equipment and supplies used in the pre-operative area and the recovery (Stage I and Stage II) area.
- Participates in the Perioperative Services quality assurance program.
- Promotes personal and professional growth by actively participating in continuing education programs.
- Participates in the professionalism of the Perioperative Services by adhering to the standards.
- May be required to administer conscious sedation after appropriate training and competency requirements are met.
- Assumes other related duties as directed.
- A minimum two (2) years of current PACU or critical care experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN licensure in the Virginia (or a compact state license) required.
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS certification required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Recent PACU experience preferred.
- BSN preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.