Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Pharmacy Admixture Technician- On Call, Tysons CornerLocation: McLean, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 876951 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- Aseptically prepares all sterile admixture requests for members upon receipt of physician orders from clinical areas and infusion centers.
- Assists the IV pharmacist in receiving prescription orders for oncology and infusion therapy both for internal and external referrals, Maintains patient profile records and prescription files where appropriate. Keeps pharmacist apprised of patient problems or problems in the operation of the service.
- Orders and maintains appropriate stock levels of IV drugs and supplies in compliance with contracts. Assists with the proper accounting and transfer of IV pharmaceuticals to infusion therapy and oncology cost centers.
- Works cooperatively with oncology and infusion center personnel to identify special needs or changing demands in drugs and IV medical supplies.
- Maintains appropriate logs and cleaning records of biomedical (pumps) equipment. Arranges for preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Carries out various quality assurance procedures including laminar-flow hood cleaning, repairs and inspection, including biological laboratory testing.
- Assembles supplies and arranges for proper delivery or pickup of home infusion medications and supplies.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the admixture machinery and keeps IV room properly stocked with supplies.
- Assists in aseptic technique training of new pharmacy trainees.
- Performs special duties and projects as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable.
- Active CPHT certification required.
- Experience with computerized pharmacy systems and IV manual and automated equipment.
- Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with members and coworkers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, pharmaceutical dosage forms and nomenclature and calculations required.
- Basic accounting and purchasing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Knowledge of the customer focused service requirements of the organization.
- Bending, lifting, stretching, repetitive hand and wrist motions.
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or U.S. military program highly desirable.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.