Pharmacy Technician I- On Call, Tysons CornerMcLean, Virginia
As part of the pharmacy team with Kaiser Permanente, you’ll learn and grow as you help make a difference in the lives of everyone in our communities. Whether you’re working with patients, partnering with physicians, or collaborating with colleagues, you’ll play a key role in an information-rich environment. One where your development will be supported and your skills will be challenged as you work at the top of your license. If you want to explore opportunities beyond your role, we provide a wide array of professional growth opportunities to help our pharmacy team advance their skills and careers. If you believe in the continued pursuit of excellence, there’s no better place to put your beliefs into practice.
- Job Type: Call-in/On-Call
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Pay Range: $22.02 - $26.03 / hour
We’re looking for Pharmacy team members who possess the following traits.
- Team Player
- Results Driven
We offer several benefits to our pharmacy team.
Health Care Benefits
Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave
Labor Management Partnership
As part of the Kaiser Permanente pharmacy team, you’ll collaborate with other team members and physicians to continually evolve and enhance patient care. You can also take advantage of our electronic medical record systems and our integrated technology platforms. It’s a unique opportunity to drive the future of care for all while leveraging your expertise to improve the total health of our members.
What Our People Are Saying
Outpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager
“I’ve felt real support every step of the way throughout my pharmacy career. I would not be the pharmacist I am today if I was not empowered to practice kindness and compassion, and be allowed to be me. I feel blessed to have been a part of this organization for the past 16 years.”
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Supervisor
“I have had multiple growth opportunities at Kaiser Permanente. I started as a Summer Youth intern, then I worked as an Apothecary Circle intern. After that, I received two years of pharmacy residency training here. I’ve always been supported with substantial resources like tuition reimbursement, business resource groups, as well as coaching and mentorship programs.”
Director, Inpatient Pharmacy Services
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because of its presence in our communities. We acknowledge, support, cultivate, and nourish the body, soul, and spirit of each patient, employee, and community member. I wanted to be a part of such a phenomenal organization.”
Manager, Mail Order Call Center
“They encouraged me to work outside of my comfort zone. Now, I’m on a career path I would have never expected. I enjoyed my pathway to get here and it’s been a challenge. It really helped me grow as a person and as an employee. Kaiser Permanente supported me to be the manager I am today.”
“I joined Kaiser Permanente as a young mother with a family. I knew this was a stable company with great pay and benefits, and many opportunities to grow. I’ve always experienced flexibility and growth and we’re encouraged to serve our communities and to have a work-life balance.”
“When you join Kaiser Permanente, you have access to a wealth of experience in the health care industry. You’ll learn about more than medications. You’ll gain experience in customer service, data entry, and other valuable areas. I enjoy supporting our pharmacists and ensuring my patients receive the medications they need.”
Pharmacy Technician I- On Call, Tysons Corner
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, receives payment from members, and prepares medications for approval by pharmacist.
- Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies members eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members plan.
- Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
- Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
- Reconstitutes medications by mixing with fluids.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription and to support transitions in care processes.
- Receives payment for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies selected by members.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- If Technician is not licensed prior to hire, must complete KPMAS Technician Training Program within 6 months.
- Pharmacy Technician License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire OR Pharmacist Intern License (Virginia)
- IKnowledge of medical terminology, pharmacy nomenclature and calculations.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Note that qualified technicians who meet criteria for the Tech II job position will be paid according to the Tech II pay scale
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More from Kaiser Permanente
Honored for excellence 12 years in a row
See why we earned our 12th Pharmacy Quality Alliance Laura Cranston Excellence in Quality Award for high achievement in medication safety and appropriate use
Mail-order pharmacy honored
We're proud to share that J.D. Power ranked our mail-order pharmacy as highest in the segment — ahead of our closest competitors. Along with satisfying our customers, we're also a great place to work.
Working at Kaiser Permanente
We're more than 305,000 dedicated professionals working together to deliver a healthier tomorrow. With the wellness of our patients and our communities at heart, we're revolutionizing care.
Working together for our patients
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.