Technologist, Surgical Assistant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Assists surgical team by preparing instruments and equipment needed for scheduled procedures. Assists surgeon during procedures.
- Adheres to strict aseptic techniques.
- Obtains and inspects surgical instrument needed for each procedure.
- Sets up instruments for use during the surgical procedure.
- Assures that all equipment and supplies are available for the surgical procedure.
- Assists surgeon during procedures.
- Assists with moving, positioning, and transporting patients.
- Handles specimens in accordance with established operating room procedures.
- Performs counts of instruments, sharps, and sponges with the circulating nurse in accordance with established operating room procedures.
- Removes instruments from operating room and returns them to sterile processing.
- Assists in cleaning surgical equipment and operating room for next case.
- May oversee equipment and supply inventory for a service.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot complex technical equipment.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of operating room experience required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Completion of an approved civilian or military training for surgical technologist.
- Basic Life Support
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- Experience in ambulatory surgery preferred.
- Certified Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest