Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Assistant Facilities Director Imaging ServicesLocation: Modesto, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 785104 Date posted: 04/03/2019
Manages the daily operations of the diagnostic imaging department. Manages all administrative, technical and clerical operations of the diagnostic imaging department to ensure quality, access and budget goals are achieved. Manages a full service inpatient and outpatient departments (7 days, 24 hours) which generally includes Radiology, MRI, CT, I/R, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, Cardiac Cath Labs and Imaging Files.
- Assists the Imaging Service Director in meeting the clinical needs of physicians, staff and members. Supports and actively develops a strategy to achieve an integrated service line for diagnostic imaging.
- Manages the daily operations of department by maintaining appropriate schedules (both staffing and patient), and monitoring performance improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards. Participates in the planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures equipment and procedures are safe, functional, and capable of meeting the diagnostic needs of the medical staff in a timely manner.
- Develops and monitors payroll and non-payroll budgets for the department. Identifies and implements opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages union supervisors and staff and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety issues.
- Selects and trains technical and administrative imaging staff. Monitors staff performance and participates with the Chief and Director in the development of competencies, performance standards and imaging protocols for the department.
- Develops and implements a plan for equipment procurement, maintenance and replacement. Keeps abreast of new developments in diagnostic imaging technology and makes recommendations on the acquisition and implementation of new technology.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations on safety and quality assurance programs.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission, MQSA, federal, state and local agencies.
Basic Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience within the last three (3) years in an imaging department required.
- Bachelor's degree in health care, business OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Imaging certification required - (CRT, RDMS, ARRT Advanced Registries, CNMT, ARMRIT) OR a current RN license with a minimum three (3) years of imaging experience.
- Working knowledge and experience in a high volume imaging department required.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, labor relations and human relations skills essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory standards required.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Diagnostic Imaging Technologist.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.