Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
Assistant Medical Group AdministratorLocation: Modesto, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 716178 Date posted: 08/08/2018
- Assists the medical center leadership team in ensuring the execution of Northern California's strategy in the areas of quality, service, people, efficiency, reputation, and growth.
- Acts as an administrative liaison and resource for department heads, managers, chiefs of service, and assistant physicians-in-chief to achieve performance excellence.
- Supports the MGA in working with the chiefs of service and department managers in setting and achieving each department's respective operational accountabilities, including quality, finance, access, service, and integration across the medical center. Accountabilities will entail both direct line management and project management responsibilities. May have specific administrative responsibilities in the following focus areas: labor management partnership, workplace safety, regulatory and compliance, capital and space planning,
community and government relations, budgeting and financial management, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of general management experience in a complex, multi-faceted health care setting required.
- Master's degree in health care, hospital, business or public administration, or related field required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrated success in managing complex initiatives and projects including areas such as strategic planning, financial
management, quality improvement, project management and human resources management and compliance.
- Worked with large physician group practice managing through influence and collaboration.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the health care industry.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous ambulatory care management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in the areas such as strategic planning, financial management, quality improvement, project management and human resources management and compliance preferred.
- Experience in financial management, program development, project management, and quality improvement preferred.
- Experience working with a large physician group practice preferred.
- Experience managing in a complex union/ management environment preferred.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.