The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Director Nursing & Clinical PracticesLocation: Modesto, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 769699 Date posted: 02/01/2019
- Ensures that departments have an ongoing quality improvement program which examines consistent nursing and clinical practice, validating outcomes by research and data collection. Evaluates the current practice, initiates new nursing roles and clinical roles and assists in establishing training programs to support the expanded roles.
- Represents the TPMG Ambulatory Nursing perspective at all levels of the organization, sharing best practices and resources. Represents the TPMG Ambulatory Nursing perspective at all levels of the organization, sharing best practices and resources.
- May manage one or more departments, which may include budgetary responsibilities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory/management experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of previous nursing administration experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field required.
- Master's degree in nursing or other related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.