Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
Medical Group AdministratorLocation: Modesto, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 778366 Date posted: 03/12/2019
- As a member of the Medical Center leadership team, ensures the execution of Northern California's strategy in the areas of: quality, service, people, efficiency, reputation and growth.
- Provides leadership, advice and counsel to department heads, managers, Chiefs of Service and Assistant Physicians-in-Chief of TPMG.
- Establishes clear expectations and supports achievement of performance excellence.
- In partnership with physician leadership, accountable for selecting, hiring, developing and leading Medical Center managers and support staff.
- Promotes a culture of excellent service, quality and efficiency by valuing people, supporting diversity and working in partnership with labor.
- Serves as TPMG leads for local labor relations efforts.
- Works with Chiefs of Service and department manager in setting and achieving each department's respective operational accountabilities including: quality, financial, access and service.
- Accountable for integrating such efforts across the medical center.
- Collaborates with medical center and region-wide leadership within TPMG&KFH/P on specific areas of focus such as: the labor management partnership, workplace safety, regulatory & compliance, capital & space planning, community & government relations, member experience service enhancement, etc.
- As a member of the MGA leadership group, shares accountability for developing and implementing regionwide approaches and solutions to improve the performance of key areas of operations.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum seven (7) years of general management experience in a complex, multi-faceted health care setting required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in working with a large physician group practice managing through influence and collaboration.
- Master's degree in healthcare, hospital, business or public administration, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated success in leading complex initiatives and projects with experience in the areas such as strategic planning, financial management, quality improvement, project management and human resources management and compliance.
- Significant knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the health care industry.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Ambulatory care management experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience leading and managing in a complex union/ management environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Dec 14, 2018
"Respectable reward in a company with a vision"
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Kaiser has a vision for healthcare that is in practice as well as in theory all about delivering the best healthcare at the best possible price. It is more than just words, the company really strives to deliver on those goals.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.