Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Radiologic Technologist I, II, III IV & VLocation: Modesto, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 873786 Date posted: 05/18/2020
- Radiologic I, II, III, IV, V:
- Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures.
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician
- Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of body involved, and degree on penetration required.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position.
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Orients new staff and trains students.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Assists radiologists and other qualified physicians who have a valid CA DHS RHB Supervisor Operator Permit for Fluoroscopy in fluoroscopic and special x-ray examinations.
- Radiologic Technologist Career Ladder Agreement (1) Radiologic Technologists without Venipuncture Certification - working in a Modality where Venipuncture is NOT performed. Radiologic Technologists working on or before October 05 at Kaiser Permanente WITHOUT California Venipuncture Certification in a Modality where it is NOT performed as part of their work assignment will not be required to obtain it. For promotions, transfers or training in a Specialty that requires Venipuncture, the Technologist must obtain CA Venipuncture certification on or before the date of application. The employer will provide the
Technologist with educational opportunities in order to pass the California permit test at the Technologist's request.
- Fills in as necessary in the absence of the Supervising Radiology Technologist.
- Radiologic Technologist I, II, III, IV, V:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- California Certified Radiologic Technologist License (CRT).
- California Mammography Certificate, when required for the position.
- BLS required.
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine duties as determined by the employer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- California Fluoroscopy Permit (For employees hired after Sept 1, 2005 - must obtain CA Fluoroscopy Permit within six (6) months of being placed into position).
- California Venipuncture Certificate (For employees hired after Sept 1, 2005 - must obtain CA Venipuncture Certificate within six (6) months of being placed into position).
- California State Fluoroscopy Permit.
- California Venipuncture Certificate (1).
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties as determined by the employer.
- Five (5) years of continuous experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- California Mammography Certificate.
- ACLS when required for this position.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and groups with varying knowledge of Radiology services.
- Two (2) years of experience in a Specialty (Identify specialty: Either IR, or CT, or Mammography, or Quality Management) OR one (1) year of experience in a Specialty with an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification in that Specialty.
- Two (2) years of experience in two Specialties (Identify specialties: IR, and/or CT, and/or Mammography, and/or Quality Management) OR one (1) year of experience in each Specialty with an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification in each Specialty, OR one (1) year of experience in one Specialty with an ARRT in that Specialty and two (2) years of experience in a second Specialty.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.