Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Director, or their designee, performs pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical procedures and analyses to provide data for health maintenance, diagnoses, treatment and monitoring of medical conditions. Enhances quality of patient care and service through interdepartmental cooperation and quality assurance protocols.
- Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed for the correct patients and that the correct test is being performed. Judges the adequacy and qualities of specimens submitted for testing.
- Analyzes clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures approved by the Laboratory Director or designee. Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data. Assist with Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities consistent with the Laboratory Quality Plan.
- Utilizes test reference ranges (including neonates, pediatric and adult) to determine reasonableness of test results Validates test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g. Hgb/Hct, anion gap, platelet count/smear, dipstick/micro etc). Confirms testing on all Critical Values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure. Performs and documents instrument function by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data. Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Releases or reports results per Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures. Trains laboratory assistants, and other Clinical Lab Scientist, on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical laboratory practice. Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides general or direct supervision of Lab Assistants and general Clerical Personnel as required according to lab law and regulations. Corporate Compliance Accountability: Consistently supports the precepts of Corporate Compliance and Principles of Responsibility by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with integrity, reporting observed fraud and abuse and complying with applicable state, federal and local laws and program policies and procedures.
- Three years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- Bachelors Degree * Applicable military experience may be substituted for bachelors degree.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (California)
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Experience including Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Blood Bank and Bacteriology preferred..
- Computer application experience/proficiency preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest