Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Supervisor Inpatient PharmacyLocation: Modesto, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 832090 Date posted: 10/07/2019
- Responsible for assigned pharmacy services /activities including day-to-day operations, drug distribution, drug education, pharmacists clinical activities, performance measurement/improvement, regulatory compliance, employee development and multi-disciplinary team development.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and standards.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Inpatient Pharmacy Director to implement, evaluate and improve quality management programs.
- Administers organizational and departmental policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision of pharmacy staff including recommendations regarding hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, discipline, training, performance evaluation/management.
- As assigned, accountable for pharmacy quality, service and fiscal outcomes.
- Ensures that all staff have adequate and ongoing training to enhance and assure job performance.
- Participates in designing, implementing, evaluating/improving systems, methods and processes designed to enhance quality, improve service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous supervisory or functional direction experience required.
- B.S. degree in pharmacy OR Pharm. D required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California required.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise self-initiative and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inpatient and/or outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Pharm. D preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.