Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Clinical Lab ScientistLocation: Moreno Valley, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 784753 Date posted: 04/11/2019
- Provides the highest level of patient care as defined by established standards and maintains confidentiality on all tests performed by the laboratory.
- Performs and reports test results for all clinical laboratory procedures as assigned, both automated and manual, in the clinical laboratory department, without immediate review by the director, consultant, or supervisory team.
- Demonstrates proficiency, competency and understanding of fundamental principles of clinical laboratory procedures w/ minimal amount of supervision.
- Monitors and is accountable for test data, quality control, quality assurance, preventive maintenance, proficiency testing and all operations related to laboratory testing procedures.
- Notifies Supervisory team of any irregularities of factors, which may influence test results.
- Ability to trouble-shoot equipment and test methods.
- Identifies and resolves unusual laboratory situations and notifies appropriate parties within shift.
- Consults w/ physicians, nurses, pharmacists, etc. on the technical aspects of methodologies used, appropriateness of test utilization, and interpretation of patient results.
- Instructs new employees and/or Clinical Laboratory Scientist students in laboratory procedures within area the CLS assigned, in order that they may develop proficiency and understanding of the clinical laboratory methodology.
- Provides training, guidance, and pertinent technical information to Laboratory Assistants, support staff, clerks, CLS students and Medical Center personnel.
- Discusses clinical laboratory problems of mutual interest w/ the Supervisory team, and lead technologist in order to develop a better communication link within the department.
- Participates in work groups to work through problems, issues, or goals of the department.
- Assists in evaluating new tests procedures when requested and communicates to the Supervisory team the possibilities for their implementation.
- Meets states requirements for mandatory CEUs.
- As defined by established standards, works in a professional, cooperative and courteous manner.
- Observes all laboratory, KP, and regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains overall safety (including chemical and biological) of the department in accordance w/ established safety, infection control, and procedure protocols.
- Monitors supplies and reagents and notifies appropriate parties of par levels.
- As necessary and appropriate, may perform any clerical or other duties of support staff/laboratory assistants that may be assigned such as performing phlebotomy on inpatients and outpatients.
- Operates computerized laboratory data systems / applications.
- Participates in direct patient care by providing the patient w/ information to enhance the understanding of laboratory test, instructing the patient on specimen requirements and conditions for specialized testing and collecting from the patient samples to include blood, body fluids, secretions, and tissues for analysis.
- One (1) year of recent experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Current and valid California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of, and to utilize the principles, theories, practices, methodologies, and techniques required of, a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Note: Education/License/Certification and Qualifications required for Moreno Valley Community Hospital employees acquired through KP's purchase of Valley Health System's Moreno Valley Community Hospital: Employees shall meet the minimum position qualifications as listed on their previous Valley Health System job description.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.