Construction Management Inspector V
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for reviewing Testing and Inspection and Observation requirements and participates in the development of the Testing and Inspection Plan to forecast manpower requirements; participating in the selection of Project Inspector of Records, Special Inspection Inspectors, and Project Support Personnel; directing and managing Testing and Inspection Team in the day-to-day activities and provides performance input; attending all applicable project meetings providing input on Testing and Inspection issues; facilitating Field Reviews with the appropriate Regulatory Agencies and Design Team; under guidance coordinates the collection and validation of business requirements; determining the impact of current/existing technologies on the project and communicates impact to sponsors under guidance; informing team members with observation and compliance updates; managing the overall resource for owners testing lab and scheduled work (demand) for the delivering organization including forecasting and impact assessment; overseeing transition to operational production status; and developing and conducting post-implementation review.
- Promotes learning in others by communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; builds relationships with cross-functional stakeholders. Listens, responds to, seeks, and addresses performance feedback; provides actionable feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentors junior team members. Practices self-leadership; creates and executes plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; influences team members within assigned team or unit. Adapts to competing demands and new responsibilities; adapts to and learns from change, challenges, and feedback. Models team collaboration within and across teams.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promotes adherence to all procedures and policies. Partners internally and externally to make effective business decisions; determines and carries out processes and methodologies; solves complex problems; escalates high-priority issues or risks, as appropriate; monitors progress and results. Develops work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; coordinates and delegates resources to accomplish organizational goals. Recognizes and capitalizes on improvement opportunities; evaluates recommendations made; influences the completion of project tasks by others.
- Supports with construction operations by: driving the application of strategies and concepts to provide technical guidance, coordination, and consultation with the support team; using judgment and discretion to define issues and develop solutions to resolve complex problems; and coordinating the communication network between the project team and other internal personnel across the organization and external contacts.
- Supports with construction deliverables by: executes multiple large-scale, complex projects with responsibility and accountability for project outcomes from initiation to close-out; developing, analyzing, and executing project plans which include scope identification and delivery, schedule, inter-dependencies, and resource forecast; executing and monitoring the project financials; monitoring project performance against plan, ensuring measurement of business benefits and outcomes, and makes adjustments as needed; leading project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the project; and driving allocation of resources, establishes schedules, and task assignments to ensure established project management practices are in place.
- Contributes to vendor relationship management by: overseeing vendor assessment and analytics processes (e.g., identifying process improvement opportunities, developing content for department podcasts) and independently managing vendor relationships; obtaining advanced research knowledge on market trends and materials escalations from vendor and reporting to team leadership; and identifying incremental process improvements that increase efficiency and effectiveness of vendor qualification/requalification process.
- Provides KP compliance consultation by: coordinating other internal teams across organizational lines to ensure technical systems and processes are used and maintained in a manner that ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and standards; and consulting with operational leaders, risk managers, and facility directors across the organization to ensure compliance with relevant government, accreditation, and industry standards and initiatives at the service area, regional, and enterprise levels.
- Contributes to the management of knowledge and documents by: ensuring the documentation of professional and/or technical expertise for use by team members; driving the evolution of template documents for continuous improvement; and designing and conducting training and knowledge management practices to increase knowledge (e.g., Business Process Package, Community of Practice).
- Supports the use of data and metrics throughout construction management process by: driving data gathering practices, and collaborating with functional leadership to plan and scope future efforts (e.g., building the business case, timeline, resources required); and utilizing advanced knowledge of metrics to monitor and improve upon their own performance, and guiding team members to do the same.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in building projects of Type I or Type II construction as an architects, engineers, owners, local building officials, or general contractors representative in technical inspection of major structural and nonstructural systems and components of buildings, planning, architectural, design, engineering, CADD, hospital/medical facility, health and safety administration/management, construction estimating.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture Construction Management, Finance, Law, or related field AND minimum six (6) years of experience in construction management, field construction, design, construction/project management software, procurement, contract administration, a directly related field OR Minimum nine (9) years of experience in planning, architectural, design, engineering, CADD, hospital/medical facility, health and safety administration/management, construction estimating, or a directly related field.
- Division of State Architect Project Inspector Certification Class 2 OR Combination Inspector (ICC) - C8 Certification OR Commercial Combination Inspector (ICC) - C5 Certification OR California Combination Inspector (ICC) - I8 Certification OR California Plumbing Inspector (IAPMO) Certification OR Registered Construction Inspector Division II Building (ACIA) Certification OR California Commercial Combination Inspector (ICC) - I5 Certification OR Electrical Inspector (ICC) - E5 Certification OR California Commercial Electrical Inspector (ICC) - I2 Certification OR Division of State Architect Project Inspector Certification Class 1 OR Hospital Inspector Certification Program, Class A (California)
- Twelve (12) years of experience on type 1 or 2 construction, as a code official for HCAI, DSA, local jurisdiction; or other eligible building/code enforcement experience while in current possession of one or any combination of certifications.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest