GI Technician - GI Technician - Moreno Valley - Day Surgery (Per Diem)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Perform venipuncture & skin punctures to obtain blood samples.
- Perform samples & specimens for lab analysis.
- Perform routine diagnostic test.
- Anesthetize patients w/ topical or aerosol medication.
- Assist physicians & medical staff w/ procedures, diagnostic examinations & treatments.
- Assist physician in obtaining tissue specimens & biopsies. Assist w/ protocological procedures (e.g., sigmoid
- Select & pass instruments.
- Record & chart patient data.
- Interview patients & collect patient data.
- Consult w/ physicians concerning test results & alert physicians to positive test results or test abnormalities.
- Report negative/positive specimens to physician.
- Explain test procedures & purpose.
- Analyze collected specimens for volume, acidity or other standard measures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Assist physician in developing new techniques & procedures.
- Assist provider in patient examinations & procedures.
- Consult w/ provider concerning procedures & patient condition.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Lift patients.
- Modify treatment techniques, which do not require change in physician orders.
- Monitor & evaluate test readings during procedures.
- Observe, monitor & evaluate patient condition during & after procedures.
- Prepare samples & specimens for lab analysis.
- Prepare & position patients for diagnostic test & medical procedures.
- Respond to emergencies (i.e., Code Blue) & stat requests.
- Shave & apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin areas.
- Take record & monitor patient vital signs.
- Transport patients' to/from procedure area.
- Assist physician w/ fluoroscopic examinations.
- Assist physician in gastroenterology/procedures (for example, endoscopies/bronchoscopies).
- Assist physician w/ holding scope during GI procedures.
- Monitor I.V. solutions.
- Other procedures may be sclerotherapy, Suctioning, Xray - fluoroscopic, Photographic, Dilatation - balloon, bougies, blood specimen processing, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, culture preparation, cytology, Gastrointestinal/Gall Bladder Examination, Microscopic, Minor Surgical, ovum & parasite examination, polypectomy.
- Prepare solutions & surgical tissue specimens.
- Centrifuge or filter & separate specimens.
- Dilute specimens.
- Prepare control slides, clean procedure rooms & work area.
- Pick up; deliver other specimens to & from laboratory.
- Assemble & disassemble equipment & instruments.
- Ensure equipment is available for procedures & examinations.
- Adjust equipment in preparation for & during procedures.
- Check emergency equipment.
- Prepare procedures & exam rooms.
- Select & set out appropriate tubings & sterile supplies.
- Set up instruments & surgical trays.
- Maintain sterilized supplies, instruments & equipment for surgical procedures.
- Decontaminate equipment.
- Removed & inventory equipment & supplies after surgical procedures.
- Soak instrument.
- Notify coordinator/charge for repair of equipment.
- Equipment may include Computer, Washing & Cleaning supplies, closed circuit TV - GI video.
- Others are heat probe, colonoscope, photographic & related equipment.
- Inspect equipment & instruments for damage.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Perform minor adjustments and/or repairs on equipment.
- Replace expendable parts on equipment.
- Notify coordinator/charge for equipment & supplies.
• Six (6) months of recent experience (within the past three (3) years) in a GI/Pulmonary setting required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current LVN License).
• BCLS certification.
• I.V. Certification.
• If unable to fill w/ experienced GI LVN, will consider a trainee w/ a minimum of one (1) year recent LVN experience in an acute/ambulatory care setting.
• Knowledge of GI procedures and equipment, consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
• GI experience preferred.