Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Surgical Technologist I - Moreno ValleyLocation: Moreno Valley, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 800033 Date posted: 08/06/2019
- Conforms to prescribed aseptic techniques required for surgical procedures by scrubbing prior to working in sterile field or area.
- Completes necessary arrangements of operating room prior to surgical procedures by setting up or laying out instruments, surgical trays and assembling equipment items as required for particular procedure.
- Cleans operating room after surgical procedures by removing and disposing of contaminated instruments, disassembling instruments for sterilization required.
- Maintains and ensures operational readiness of instruments and equipment, departmental supplies, and sterilized items.
- May perform patient care functions such as patient prepping and operating a variety of electronic equipment as directed.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public, patients and other staff members.
- Performs other duties as required such as transports patients and assists in orienting and training of new staff personnel.
- Promotes, ensures and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- BCLS Certification.
- Note: Education/License/Certification and Qualifications required for Moreno Valley Community Hospital employees acquired through KP's purchase of Valley Health System's Moreno Valley Community Hospital: Employees shall meet the minimum position qualifications as listed on their previous Valley Health System job description.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.