Clinical Health Educator I Bilingual
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Assesses patients educational needs on a individual and/or group basis in consultation with members of the PCT and to apply this assessment to designing educational interventions
• Conducts brief disease management, lifestyle, and health risk counseling with patients and family members one-to one
• Promotes prevention and self-care strategies
• Coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates group visits for disease management, prevention, and self-care education
• Identifies health education needs of the PCT and provide consultation to team members on education, behavior change skills, and strategies
• Selects and recommends appropriate educational materials in conjunction with the Facility Health Education Department
• Provides linkage to and from the Facility Health Education Department
• Arranges referrals to appropriate Kaiser Permanente and Community services
• Provides and promotes culturally appropriate interventions
• Collects and prepares reports and documentation as needed for planning and quality assurance
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities
• A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of experience in counseling or health education, preferably in a clinical setting
• BA/BS in Health Education or in another health related field
• For specialization - content expertise or certification required
• Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory, and application
• Knowledge of PC applications required
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.