Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Assistant Director Operations HistologyLocation: North Hollywood, CA Job Number: 896374 Date posted: 08/21/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Manages all histology activities, including recruiting, hiring, and training of staff.
- Ensures competency, motivates and encourages professional growth.
- Controls costs by monitoring productivity, personnel utilization, overtime, material usage rates, analyzing fluctuations in types and volumes of tests, and implements corrective actions.
- Participates in the design of Regional Laboratory and Northern California Region integrated laboratory quality system.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies' rules and regulations.
- Designs and implements effective risk control processes.
- Leads in the research of new and/or improved test development methodologies by: performing experimental testing procedures; validating effectiveness/feasibility for implementation; cost of procedure(s); preparing and submitting recommendation(s) for change to laboratory management and other stakeholders (such as Chiefs of Pathologists).
- Researches and resolves client problem/issues.
- Oversees and coordinates startup and implementation activities resulting from new services or transfer of services.
- Participates in department, inter-department, inter-facility, and inter-regional level projects which help the regional laboratory achieve its goal of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner.
- Develops transition plan for new services/tests, outreach programs for transfer of work, timelines, and monitors milestones to achieve service expectations.
- Coordinates internal resources to support new service.
- Serves as primary liaison to RILIS/ITS for ongoing and new issues.
- Develops needs analysis as appropriate.
- Leads in the integration of secondary laboratory information system with RILIS.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in high-volume histology laboratory required.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathologists.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in science or related field preferred.
- Additional courses in business administration and/or management preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!