Assistant, Clinical SH-OC
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Assists the physician in providing comprehensive medical care to targeted patient population in the ambulatory clinic setting by:
- Preparing the patient for the medical examination.
- Performing screening activities appropriate to patient population.
- Performing assigned clinical tasks and/or procedures.
- Assisting with scheduling follow-up appointments and activities as recommended by the physician.
- Performs clinical tasks and/or procedures appropriate to targeted patient population under the delegation and supervision of a licensed physician.
- Performs clinical tasks and/or procedures appropriate to targeted patient population under the delegation and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Immediately notifies physician or other licensed health care provider of patients observed to be in distress.
- Documents all care given and actions taken on behalf of the patient in KP HealthConnect.
- Facilitates smooth and efficient operation of the clinical department by monitoring the flow of patients and intervening as appropriate to minimize wait times and promote a positive experience for the patient.
- Assists with inventory and requisition of required supplies; keeps exam and procedure rooms adequately stocked at all times.
- Engages in positive interactions with Kaiser Permanente members, visitors and fellow staff members at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time experience as a nursing/medical assistant OR relevant experience OR successful completion of a Kaiser Permanente externship.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (Maryland)
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Completion of all Kaiser Permanente Clinical Assistant required competencies within the first sixty (60) days of employment, and annually thereafter.
- External applicants and all internal applicants that did not go through KPMAS CA Skills Maximization and Standardization Program will be required to complete an internal Kaiser medication course and required to complete all medication competencies within the first one hundred eighty (180 days) days of employment, and annually thereafter.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective communication (written and oral) skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience in administering medications and/or have completed medication administration education.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Current National Medical Assistant Certification.
- Familiarity in documenting in an electronic medical record system.