Empowering People to Improve Health
At Kaiser Permanente, our organization is all about people — as individuals and as a team. We may be 200,000+ employees and physicians strong, but we act as one when it comes to empowering our members, colleagues, and communities to achieve their goals.
Human Resource Disability Case ManagerLocation: Novato, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 823534 Date posted: 08/14/2019
Serves as the primary contact for employees seeking reasonable accommodation through the Interactive Process. Identifies opportunities for employees to use the Transitional Work Program through the disability case management process. Consults with management, employees, legal counsel and union representatives regarding HR Compliance and Disability Management regulations to ensure policies are applied accurately and consistently to meet state and federal laws, KP policies and collective bargaining agreements. Assists in the creation of plans that promote and enforce HR compliance programs. Provides training to managers on compliance and disability related policies. Evaluates, manages and consults for compliance on HR-related standards for hospital accreditation, licensing surveys and disability management programs. Participates in regulatory survey activities to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Advises management and employees regarding HR compliance requirements and disability laws, policies, and processes.
- Builds effective plans to mitigate risk by analyzing HR Compliance and Disability data trends.
- Leverages data and provides reports to promote value of programs and engages Sr. Leadership to design, implement, and communicate strategic action plans.
- Ensures local facility practices are in legal and regional compliance.
- Develops and delivers training and education programs for local facilities regarding HR disability and HR compliance related regulations, laws, policies, and processes.
- Responsible for management of the interactive process as required by ADA/FEHA, resulting in the offer of reasonable accommodations to include of the transitional work program.
- Consults with department managers, claims administrators, legal, union representatives/leaders.
- Human Resource peers, employees and leadership through the course of disability case management.
- Consults with department managers and employees regarding medical leaves, industrial leaves, general leaves planning (where applicable), maternity leaves and related labor contract/bargaining agreement provisions.
- Provides a centralized, strategic focus to reduce employee lost time due to medical or industrial leave.
- Coordinates with supervisors and department managers to ensure prompt and accurate reporting of workers compensation claims to support timely reporting and appropriate benefit payments.
- Leads efforts to assist and consult with managers to ensure facility readiness and compliance with HR standards for hospital survey accreditation or other external agency reviews.
- Manages and assists any corrective action plans to resolve findings from survey and audits to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Coordinates with external vendors to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees. Must travel as needed to multiple sites.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Human Resources, Disability Management, HR Compliance or related compliance work experience.
- Bachelor's degree OR minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California driver's license.
- Demonstrated experience managing cases involving the interactive process.
- Demonstrated through work experience content expert knowledge of state and federal disability laws to include: ADA, FEHA, FMLA, CRFA, PDL and workers' compensation.
- Ability to consult regarding confidential and complex issues.
- Must demonstrate excellent, effective written and verbal communication, consulting, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively create and facilitate collaboration amongst diverse groups, people and professional disciplines.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management environment.
- Four (4) years of experience in Human Resources, Disability Management or HR Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Human Resources Careers
Human Resources Careers
The work you do building engaged teams, promoting an environment of respect, and developing recruitment and retention strategies helps our employees realize their potential while strengthening the organization as a whole. Whether you specialize in recruiting, benefits and compensation, human resources information systems (HRIS), or training and development, you help identify, recruit, hire, and develop the talent that will define our future.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.