Account Manager, CA Large Group AccountsOakland, CA
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Account Manager, CA Large Group Accounts
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Develops and executes account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Leads the development and execution of Strategic Account Plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and to protect against losses.
- Identifies, capitalizes and close on cross sell opportunities.
- Analyzes and improves the risk position in a group.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Develops 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Contribute to competitively positioning KP in the marketplace.
- Recommends and negotiates the strategy and changes with customers by offering a range of tailored options to meet the various needs of all constituents, as applicable.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains broker and/or channel partnerships to increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with internal departments.
- Initiates and facilitates KP executives collaboration to reach agreements on recommended strategic issues and policies related to specific accounts.
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components of their health benefits strategy/offering.
- Develop and execute account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals.
- Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach employers and brokers KP online technology to maximize of all KP online tools.
- Proficiently leverages use of supporting staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management between membership and employer focused activities.
- If Occupational Health:
- Develops ongoing strategies and engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Minimum four (4) years in sales, account management, health plan administration or related experience.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years of sales, account management, health plan administration or related experience.
- License, Certification, Registration:
- Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where applicable) within 3 months of hire
- Three (3) years of experience in strategic planning dealing with high-levels of issue complexity.
- Three (3) years of experience working with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation.
- Three (3) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Two (2) years of experience in the health care industry.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.