Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
AccountantLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 826354 Date posted: 09/18/2019
- Prepare various investment schedules and financial reports including balance sheets, income statements, etc. and produce reports for management or outside parties.
- Review financial reports for accuracy.
- Provide analysis of various routine and some complex accounts.
- Perform financial analysis and translate data into a management report.
- Recommend methods and procedures to improve specific task-related activities and the functioning of the accounting department.
- Provide support for internal and external audits, and Third Party Administrator's (TPA) data, and back-up support for creation of regulatory financials.
- Investigate issues and complete special projects as needed.
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated experience performing detailed accounting functions including preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills required, database (Access) skills a plus.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.