Accounting Analyst IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for conducting complex financial transactions and analyses, conducting internal and external audits, and monitoring Company financial information, while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Supports financial transactions by preparing complex accounting activities and reconciliations leading to a complete set of accurate financial statements (e.g. journal entries, estimates, disbursements) in accordance with GAAP and company policies; and reviewing complex accounting activities prepared by others.
- Conducts external reporting of Company financial information externally by completing and reviewing reports and analyses for statutory reporting to external agencies (e.g. IRS, Census Bureau, NAIC, FTC).
- Supports financial analyses by examining operational statistics to explain financial results, inform decision-making and take action to pursue efficiencies and quality financial outcomes; responding to ad hoc request for analysis; establishing data gathering methods; and developing expertise in data origination.
- Communicates financial results by presenting conclusions about areas of accountability to appropriate levels of management in verbal and written form, documenting positions and processes in support of process improvement, knowledge retention, and audit requirements; and provides consulting services to individuals without finance training.
- Participates in finance system design, implementations, enhancements, and continuous improvements by understanding flow of transactions through source systems; validating ongoing configuration decisions; reviewing systems in area of expertise to ensure that new systems, upgrades, and other system maintenance activities do not impact operations, financial statements, or leadership decision making.
- Monitors Company financial information by completing and reviewing standard and/or ad hoc reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, volume reporting, trade spending reports, day sales inventory, Brand Contribution Statements, analysis spreadsheets, operating capital, allowance for loan losses); and documenting and reviewing assets, liabilities, revenues, and operating expenses in conformity with GAAP and Company accounting policies.
- Meets requirements of policies and procedures to remain compliant (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, KP-NCO, POR).
- Supports internal and external audits by preparing complex audit schedules and reviewing complex information and/or documentation for submission to internal and external auditors, and the Tax department.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, or related field AND Minimum five (5) years accounting or related business experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Two (2) years project management experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with advanced functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- One (1) year working with intermediate database functions, including developing queries and/or reports.
- Three (3) years experience working with financial information systems.
- Three (3) years health care industry experience.
- Two (2) years experience participating in the testing and/or validation of financial system implementation or integration.
- Two (2) years experience in technical accounting, requiring the interpretation of accounting guidelines and documenting recommendations for accounting practices.
- Two (2) years experience in financial analysis.
- Two (2) years experience in financial reporting.
- Two (2) years audit or accounting firm experience.
- Two (2) years payroll accounting experience.
- Two (2) years statutory experience.
- Two (2) years experience with Hospital and Professional patient revenue accounting, including experience with government payers reimbursement.
- Two (2) years experience with pharmacy accounting ,including inventory management system or pharmacy revenue system.
- Two (2) years property and lease accounting experience.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).