Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Actuarial Analyst ILocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 856222 Date posted: 01/13/2020
Provide actuarial services to develop best-practice actuarial models and promote implementation Program-wide. Maintain accountability for the development of the organization's rate structure, maintenance of adequate reserves, and development of new products. Provide data/analytic expertise to support actuarial services including financial reporting, trend analysis, utilization studies, rate development and claims liability estimates.
- Takes direction and is instructed on most assignments, and refers unusual situations to team leader or supervisor.
- Performs actuarial tasks which are mathematical and quantitative in nature.
- Compiles and categorizes data, documents and verifies the factors used in computations such as those used in evaluating loss and expense reserves, prepares filings, schedules of statistics, financial statements, premiums, benefits, and establishes rating and pricing levels.
- Participates in qualifying studies.
- Develops and maintains PC-based analytical programs.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar background.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic quantitative skills, including familiarity with basic concepts in probability and statistics.
- Some knowledge of the scientific process and research process and practices.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- One (1) year of experience with one (1) exam preferred.
- Knowledge of health care industry dynamics and trends preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.