Senior Actuarial Associate
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for researching and determining the likelihood of financial risk to the organization, developing and designing actuarial documentation, conducting product line evaluation and actuarial modeling, and assessing and interpreting financial risk and opportunity analyses.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Develops and designs actuarial documentation by completing the actuarial portion of financial reports and tax returns; and responses to insurance regulations.
- Participates in product line evaluations by conducting and interpreting analysis of product line financials, pricing, reserve, valuation , cash flow analysis; and analyzing and interpreting product line performance, risk, and assumptions used in product development.
- Utilizes actuarial research by implementing non-complex developments standards, assumptions, and the legal and regulatory environment.
- Assesses, analyzes and interprets financial risks and opportunities by applying advanced actuarial methods; and conducting actuarial analyses.
- Collaborates with business partners by translating mathematical constructs into actionable recommendations; and complying with the Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Develops and designs advanced actuarial models; assists with the development of alternative assumptions and forecasts using in-house models or actuarial software; and validates the results.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics or related field AND Minimum six (6) years actuarial experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries Certificate OR Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society Certificate
- One (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Five (5) years experience with databases and spreadsheets.
- Bachelors degree in statistics, actuarial science, mathematics , engineering, or physics.
Kaiser Permanente Building, 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Marketing Sales Service and Admin, 3100 Thornton Ave., Burbank,California, 91504
Waterpark I, 2500 S. Havana St., Aurora,Colorado, 80014
West Annex - Parsons, 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
California Service Center - Rio S.D., 8954 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego,California, 92108 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Actuarial Services Department: Po/Ho Corp - HP PROD MGMT-Actuarial SVCS - 0308 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.