Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position is remote, however candidates must reside within the States that we operate in, which include California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, and Virginia. This individual contributor is primarily responsible for researching and determining the likelihood of financial risk to the organization, preparing and reviewing actuarial documentation for accuracy, and conducting product line evaluation, actuarial modeling, and financial risk and opportunity analyses.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports actuarial documentation by preparing and reviewing for accuracy and reasonability the actuarial portion of financial reports and tax returns; and responses to insurance regulations.
- Participates in product line evaluations by conducting analysis of product line financials, pricing, reserve, valuation , cash flow analysis; and analyzing product line performance, risk, and assumptions used in product development.
- Stays abreast of actuarial research by examining developments in standards, assumptions, competition, and the legal and regulatory environment.
- Assesses, analyzes and interprets financial risks and opportunities by applying actuarial methods; and conducting actuarial analyses.
- Supports collaborations with business partners by understanding the business needs; translating actuarial constructs into non-technical recommendations; and complying with the Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Supports actuarial modeling by developing and enhancing actuarial models; assisting with the development of alternative assumptions and forecasts using in-house models or actuarial software; and assisting with validating the data and results.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics or related field AND Minimum four (4) years actuarial experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society Certificate OR Associate of the Society of Actuaries Certificate
- One (1) year leadership experience.
- Four (4) years experience with databases and spreadsheets.
- Bachelors degree in statistics, actuarial science, mathematics , engineering, or physics.
- Background in Medicare Advantage and Part D programs.
East Annex - Parsons, 75 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
Regional Admin Low Rise, 711 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96813
Regional Office - 9 Piedmont, 9 Piedmont Center 3495 Piedmont Rd. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30305
Rockville Regional Offices, 2101 E. Jefferson St., Rockville,Maryland, 20852
Waterpark I, 2500 S. Havana St., Aurora,Colorado, 80014
California Service Center - Rio S.D., 8954 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego,California, 92108
Lowry Administration, 7901 E. Lowry Blvd. Ste 150 and 400, Denver,Colorado, 80230
Riverway-1, 6133 North River Rd., Rosemont,Illinois, 60018
Alexandria Medical Center, 3000 Potomac Ave., Alexandria,Virginia, 22305 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Actuarial Services Department: Po/Ho Corp - HP PROD MGMT-Actuarial SVCS - 0308 Pay Range: $112900 - $146080 Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.