Consulting Services & Project/Program Management (Non-IT)
Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Analytic Consulting Manager II - SQL, R, TableauLocation: Oakland, CA Job Number: 910220 Date posted: 10/07/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Managerial consulting supports senior leadership by addressing strategic issues, including determining the problem definition and structuring the problem solving approach, generally where no precedent currently exists. Issues span several topics and are not restricted to one functional area. Examples include strategy development, market assessments, policy issues, profitability assessments and major implementations. Issues support senior leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals. Consulting Manager II is responsible for a large managerial consulting group or department, including managing its staff and related budgets.
- Leads multiple large-scale strategic management efforts designed to facilitate attainment of key organizational objectives.
- Provides leadership and expert consultation on management issues.
- Sets the overall direction of the practice to address key organizational issues.
- Staffs projects to ensure that teams are composed of individuals with appropriate skills and expertise.
- Ensures that client and organizational needs are met consistently.
- Collaborates with Consulting Managers to provide support to regional and SA leadership in the pursuit and attainment of organizational goals.
- Provides leadership in the development and dissemination of best practices across regional departments.
- Establishes effective working relationships with peers both internal and external to KP.
- Fosters a customer oriented work environment with emphasis on dedication to helping customers, respect for individuals, highest standards of quality, innovation, empowerment, and teamwork by developing and implementing policies and practices that reflect the vision of Kaiser Permanente.
- Manages and develops staff.
- Coaches and develops employees according to their strengths; creates a structure that will promote self-directed work.
- Manages group, project and/or department budget.
- Minimum seven (7) years of consulting and project management experience including a minimum three (3) years working in healthcare.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, industrial engineering, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrate ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management.
- Demonstrate ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP business and/or operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data systems.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis
- Proven leadership skills in analytic consulting and project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration
- Substantial experience in performing analytic consulting, programming, data management, report design, and data architecture
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, Python, R or other related languages and tools
- Experience conducting and/or leading predictive modeling and other statistical analytic projects
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including with executives
- Knowledge of healthcare operations, health informatics, performance improvement methods (e.g. lean)
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!