Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Apprentice Stationary EngineerLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834506 Date posted: 02/11/2020
- Assists and or executes assigned maintenance functions and activities under direct tutelage, performing functional activities and minor repairs.
- Attends classroom instruction and studies satisfactorily as required by the joint apprenticeship program.
- Successfully learns and understands use of facility drawings and blueprints.
- Familiarizes and becomes aware of all locations of utility service mains, shutoff/isolation valves and disconnects.
- Develops a working knowledge of operation and maintenance of all physical plant equipment and systems.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California Drivers License.
- Successfully passed the Engineer Apprenticeship Examination within the last two years and achieved a score of 72 or higher.
- Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
- Working knowledge and ability to perform duties of all trade classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Permanente is proud to be an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. This position supports Kaiser
Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and
regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies
and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is
proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.