Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Area Director of Account Management, East BayLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 771804 Date posted: 02/08/2019
Responsible for the direction and continuous improvement of the Account Management team, ensuring the achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention and revenue goals while providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight of their respective market segment, including the development and execution of retention, marketing and growth strategies. This position also has responsibility for supporting the company's local presence and strategy by becoming involved with key organization, committees, and influences within the area of responsibility. Coach and develop the Account Management team in developing and executing against defined metrics regarding account management plans, in-group growth and retention, and monitoring of key business performance metrics to drive business results.
- Lead the team to execute established strategy.
- Provide direction and hold staff accountable for book of business membership and margin targets.
- Identify resources needed for the team to achieve organizational performance goals.
- Use consistent enterprise-wide practices to hire the right people and provide consistent orientation.
- Develop individual career paths and leadership opportunities for staff.
- Evaluate and provide substantial performance review input on all staff in the office.
- Effectively leverage KP's Manager Coaching Program to support team development and excellence.
- Lead the ongoing effort to educate, inform and influence operations leadership about the marketplace and what Kaiser Permanente must do to be successful.
- Develop strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Influence peers and decisions makers from other business lines to enhance processes and systems to meet customer needs.
- Provide overall direction and coordination of support resources for all Account Management housed and working in their geographic area/line of business responsibility and in concert with all regions where appropriate.
- Use business line expertise and market intelligence to provide input to line of business strategy.
- Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics and develops and implements strategies that ensure growth and mitigate adverse risk.
- Work closely with/drive cross-functional teams/initiatives across organization supporting unique LOB(s) strategic needs to insure business needs addressed and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Establish and maintains relationships with key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, and community groups that will further the local presence strategy for Kaiser Permanente.
- Examine policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term as well as short term perspective.
- Support the optimization and collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Monitor and evaluate highly complex plans; focus on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
- Develop and implement comprehensive account plan to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue and margin.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assist in the development, population, and maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including competitive data, LOB financials, and ad hoc reporting.
- Continuously improve tools, technology, and processes to optimize effectiveness.
- Eight (8) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, or account management of which five (5) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity.
- Six (6) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or account management.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated track record of successful recruitment, selection and development of sales/account management staff.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Possesses complex problem solving skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to influence change across all functional areas of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical management operations and strategies in health care facilities and field.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened,of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care.
- Demonstrated experience effectively work cross-functionally across the organization and externally with members, State policy makers and regulators, key community agencies/influencersemployers/brokers.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively driving policy and responding to developments, new requirements and new legislation imposed by HHS and State agencies.
- High level of proficiency to plan effectively in an uncertain and volatile environment; to develop strong relationships both internally and externally to effect changes needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- If National Accounts, all applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.