Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Area Vice President, National Accounts, West TeamLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
501 Lennon Lane 501 Lennon Ln., 501 Lennon Ln., Walnut Creek,California, 94598
Marketing Sales Service and Admin 3100 Thornton, 3100 Thornton Ave., Burbank,California, 91504
Mission Road Administration Building A 10990 S.D., 10990 S.D. Mission Rd., San Diego,California, 92108
Xerox Building 1851 E. First St. 11th/12th Flr., 1851 E. First St. 11th/12th Flr., Santa Ana,California, 92705 Job Number: 791103 Date posted: 04/30/2019
Responsible for the direction and continuous improvement of the Account Management team, ensuring the achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention and revenue goals while providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight of their respective market segment, including the development and execution of retention, marketing and growth strategies. This position also has responsibility for supporting the company's local presence and strategy by becoming involved with key organization, committees, and influences within the area of responsibility. Coach and develop the Account Management team in developing and executing against defined metrics regarding account management plans, in-group growth and retention, and monitoring of key business performance metrics to drive business results.
- Leads the team to execute established strategy.
- Provides direction & hold staff accountable for book of business membership & margin targets.
- Identifies resources needed for the team to achieve organizational performance goals.
- Uses consistent enterprise-wide practices to hire the right people & provide consistent orientation.
- Creates & models a coaching culture that supports continuous growth & development at all levels.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, & deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Coaches & develop staff using enterprise models & tools that enables continuous growth & development.
- Evaluates & provide substantial performance review input on all staff in the office.
- Effectively leverage KP's Manager Coaching Program to support team development & excellence.
- Leads & manages the ongoing effort to educate, inform & influence operations leadership about the marketplace & what Kaiser Permanente must do to be successful.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships w/ our customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Influences peers & decisions makers from other business lines to enhance processes & systems to meet customer needs.
- Provides overall direction & coordination of support resources for all Account Mgmt housed & working in their geographic area/line of business responsibility & in concert w/ all regions where appropriate.
- Anticipates key business, marketplace & competitor dynamics & develops & implements strategies that ensure growth & mitigate adverse risk.
- Work closely w//drive cross-functional teams/initiatives across organization supporting unique LOB(s) strategic needs to insure business needs addressed & operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Establishes & maintains relationships w/ key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, & community groups that will further the local presence strategy for Kaiser Permanente.
- Proposes & executes policies & programs to achieve maximum membership potential for Kaiser's products and/or services.
- Leads the optimization & collaboration in the development & execution of all strategic & tactical plans to achieve growth potential & optimal business partnership in each account.
- Oversee, develop & implement strategic action plans to achieve forecast for each market segment.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population, & maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data & information, including competitive data, LOB financials, & ad hoc reporting.
- Continuously improve tools, technology, & processes to optimize effectiveness.
- Ten (10) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, or account management of which six (6) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity.
- Eight (8) years of experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or account management.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated track record of successful recruitment, selection and development of sales/account management staff.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Possesses complex problem solving skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to influence change across all functional areas of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical management operations and strategies in health care facilities and field.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened,of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care.
- Demonstrated experience effectively work cross-functionally across the organization and externally with members, State policy makers and regulators, key community agencies/influencersemployers/brokers.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively driving policy and responding to developments, new requirements and new legislation imposed by HHS and State agencies.
- High level of proficiency to plan effectively in an uncertain and volatile environment; to develop strong relationships both internally and externally to effect changes needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively responding to developments and new requirements imposed by Federal and State agencies.
- If National Accounts, all applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.