The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Assistant Nurse Manager - MedS OncologyLocation: Oakland, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 722693 Date posted: 04/16/2019
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a health care related field preferred.
- ALCS certification strongly preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.